Welcome to Power Technical Services
Startup Testing & Commissioning
Performance evaluations of new equipment, prior to energization, are very important. These tests often reveal hidden defects, design or installation errors, and in-transit damage, which can lead to serious system malfunction and extended downtime.
Discrepancies can often corrected under warranty. Finding discrepancies in advance reduces downtime, project delays, and repair costs. Data collected during acceptance testing provides a baseline which can be used as part of a comprehensive maintenance program.
PTS uses state-of-the-art equipment. To ensure accuracy, equipment calibration is traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Substation Turn-Key Projects: Comprehensive testing of all equipment within the facility;
- Generators, generator auxiliary systems, and motors;
- Circuit Breakers, Circuit Switchers, and Motor Operated Disconnect Switches;
- Power Transformers: Industrial, Utility, and Generation Station installations;
- Switchgear, Unit Substations, and Capacitor Banks;
- Relay communication systems: fiber, audio-tone, microwave, and power-line carrier;
- Relays: microprocessor-based, solid-state, and electro-mechanical;
- SCADA/RTU technologies: Valmet, GE, Harris, SEL & PLC solutions, etc.:
- DC systems: batteries, chargers, and inverters;
- Auxiliary systems such as ATOs, HVAC, VFDs, & control systems.
- Infrared scanning
- Relay routines
- Breaker overhauls/maintenance
Engineering & Consulting
PTS has completed numerous Engineering and Drafting Projects for various utilities, utility contractors, and industrial facilities. We have also provided review, consulting, and oversight on several electrical design projects.
- Establish, maintain, and achieve budget and schedule goals;
- Analyze and project work flow. Identify critical path activities;
- Supervise all aspects of a project.
Contact Power Technical Services
Veteran Owned and Operated
Power Technical Services, Inc.
1323 Butterfield Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Phone: (847) 573-8907
Fax: (847) 573-8912
Emergency Phone: (815) 474-8037